I’ve been making sure I spend some quality time with my road bike these days so I’ll be ready to enjoy GranFondo Niagara Falls when it rolls around on September 14, 2013. I wanted to share a few of my “must haves” when I head out on my road bike. I’d love to hear what “stuff” you carry on road rides, maybe I’m missing something!
- GPS – I’m a tech junkie so it would be very rare to see me riding without something tracking me! I’ve been using the Polar RC3 on my bike this summer and its been great
- Flat repair kit – I posted some detail about this here already. Always have it!
- Phone – the ultimate emergency device. I don’t depend on this, but good to have as a last resort and in case of an emergency (and great for taking photos!). I use a zip-loc bag for high tech protection!
- Food – I usually throw an extra bar or gel in one of my jersey pockets just in case. Bonking mid-ride is never fun.
- Sunglasses – super important to keep the sun/dust/bugs/rain/etc out of your eyes.
- Helmet – I wouldn’t sit on my bike without one.
- Money – always good to have just in case (and if its your turn to buy coffee!)
- ID – I use a Road ID bracelet. (I have a nice small one, so it basically never leaves my arm.)
So these are the basics that I make sure I always have with me. Am I missing anything?
I have been selected to represent GranFondo Canada’s inaugural GranFondo Niagara Falls in 2013 as a blog ambassador. I will be posting a series of entries like this one leading up to the event, and wrap it up after participating in the ride in September.