2013 feels like its still got some legs, but the folks at the 5 Peaks Trail Running Series have 2014 on their minds. The 2014 race dates for all regions have been announced, and they have asked me to be an Ambassador for the Southern Ontario series next year. Of course I am happy to work with them, run the races, and spread the 5 Peaks fun around.
Registration is open now, so you can sign up for one or all of these races. You can purchase a Season’s Pass which allows you race all 5 of the series races – if you register before December 31, 2013 its only $175 ($35 per race!), and the first 500 get a cool 5 peaks tech tee. Once we hit 2014, the prices start to go up so better to act now
The Southern Ontario Region Series will consist of 5 races between May and September, and one standalone race at the end. The dates are:
- May 31 – Terra Cotta Conservation Area, Halton Hills
- June 21 – Heart Lake Conservation Area, Brampton
- July 12 – Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area, Milton
- August 9 – Albion Hills Conservation Area, Caledon
- September 6 – Kortwright Centre Conservation Area, Woodbridge
Grande Finale (Open Race):
- September 20 – Hardwood Ski and Bike, Barrie
I am hoping to make it to as many of these races as possible, and I hope I will see many of you there! We’ve got all winter to train so get out on your favourite trails! Have you done these races before? What is your favourite one?